China - Chengdu


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
May 13th 2012
Published: May 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we arrived at 5.20 am in Chengdu - one of the larger cities in China - pop of about 14 million. We immediately set off for the hotel where we dumped our bags and then bacon and eggs ( western brekkie for a change) and coffee. Then off to the Giant Pandas Breeding Centre where we photographed the antics of these funny creatures - they were hilarious with their clambering up the trees and then falling off - especially the younger pandas.

This afternoon we have chosen a rest and internet time before going to the sechuan opera ( Lucy) and Roman is going to a sechuan hotpot dinner - can't do everything!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



13th May 2012

We'd be with Roman!
Hi guys, the hotpot sounds like the way to go.. we wish we were with you for this bit. Panda Centre was a great place for photographs and I also got some great video of the giant panda eating.
14th May 2012

pandas
never seen Pandas...would love to to that. what's weather like?
20th May 2012

weather in yichang
Hi guys the weather is rather warm - after lots of fog on the 3 river gorges
20th May 2012

Baby Pandas
Love that photo of the baby looking at you!
23rd May 2012

Pandas
The pandas were really gorgeous - and loved to play - the number of times they rolled and fell over each other - the audience were captivated. But all things must come to an end...

Tot: 0.209s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0885s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb