Chengdu


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
April 4th 2008
Published: July 28th 2011
Edit Blog Post

The Sichuan province, center of China, famous by your natural beauty, including the women's beauty, surrounded by big mountains and rivers, excellent geography for the defense, it was the base of Shu kingdom from the markable 3 kingdoms' period in the Chinese history. Sichuan also is the panda's land where the pandas really come from. 
Chengdu, the capital of the Sichuan province, a calm city, people from all ages playing the Mahjong in the parks, that is a impressive scene, so many tables in the parks running the Mahjong and people there can spend the whole day playing and drinking the tea. Sichuan also is famous by your culinary, that is one of main Chinese culinary, and the speciality is spicy food, extremely hot even for who is used to eat spicy food.
The Sichuan opera, very representive in China, famous by technique of "change the faces", the artist has various masks on the face, and somehow the artist just changes instantly the mask without moving the hands, his hands weren't even close to his face, we were sitting at first seats, the artist also came to front of us doing the "change the faces", but we couldn't discover how he did that anyway.
The panda, one of symbol of China, is a pre-historical animal, a live fossil, the specie started about 2.5 million years ago, now the panda is in extinction, because they don't like to make sex, and every pregnancy has only one puppy at time. The panda's behavior is very calm and friendly, and extremly lazy in my opinion, the pandas I saw in the Panda's creation basement were always eating bamboos, a lot of bamboos, specially the adults, but it is a loveble animal by the way.
Buddha of Leshan is a stone sculpture, probably the biggest Buddha in the world now, it was made in 803 A.C., you can access the Buddha by the top and than there is a way to reach the Buddha's foot, there is a Chinese popular saying: "hug the Buddha's foot", it means the person didn't study or prepare before and do everything one day or moment before. But the better view of the Buddha is from the river passing front of the Buddha, you can take a boot, very cheap to there. And one advice, be patient to reach the Buddha's foot and the boat, there are so many people, you may wait for long time, and normally the Chinese people are not a nice citizen for the queue.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.422s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.3655s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb