Chengdu day 1


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Chengdu
February 4th 2010
Published: February 14th 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Lost in Chengdu? 48 secs
WE MADE IT!! Arriving at 7:20pm at the train station in Chengdu, we had trouble finding our tour guide. While we thought that we were suppose to find a sign with our two teachers' names, our tour guide ended up having a sign with Celina's and my name. We decided that we were lost in the middle of Chengdu after 5 minutes without seeing anyone, until someone ran over to us. I mean- who could ever mistake a group of 10 with 7 people who are far from looking any bit Asian?
Anyhow, we got to the Shu Feng Garden Hotel - which was absolutely gorgeous
We got to eat at the restaurant in the hotel- which was the best thing in the world since we were all starving. So we all ended up shoveling every and all dishes into our mouths.

After, we got 2 hours to explore (9-11pm) we ended up walking through a really cool touristy area/street.
we walked on the street- and ended up eating "chinese" cotton candy ( taking a chuck from mike)
somehow we ended up finding our way towards the neon lights and went into a "arcade" (which only had adults - so we decided that it was a casino of some sort- that is after, we weren't allowed to get any of the stuffed animals displayed with the 500 yuan that mike won- he only received money.)

Of course- that wasn't shady enough for our little group of 8- so we ran into two small girls who were selling roses- they looked like sweet and innocent sisters. the younger one (maybe 5years old) saw us and tony just had to exclaim, "she's so cute- I have to get one!" while it was a joke in our heads- she started to pull at him- and ended up stretching out his shirt in the process. Instead of feeding Tony to the now, scary girl- I grabbed his arm- and pulled him away from her- which ultimately failed. She proceeded to push tony into a car- while Celina, Tony, and I kept repeating "dui bu qi- wo men bu yao!" at her. She continued to follow us, as I dragged Tony away, she hung onto the end of his shirt. She tugged at my sweatpants- which probably would've fell if I didn't grab them, and nudge her away from me. As she let go of Tony after 5-7minutes, she slapped my back with a lot of hatred, as she screamed at us in mandarin while we fled.

Right after, to make everything even better- a man with a monkey came towards us. The monkey, i'm not going to lie was really adorable and as I was about to take a picture of him, Mike managed to stop me in time- telling me that I would have to pay him if I took a picture. Clearly, the man with the monkey and the girl were working together. Since after I put my camera away, without taking a picture he pestered us- forcing all of us to run.

Oh- and note to self: crossing the street in China is a lot different than in America. Beware of cars at all times.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.151s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb