Shanghai...friends...wonderful friends!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
November 8th 2009
Published: November 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

We left Shanghai middle of June 2009....few months ago to move to our new dream place, Bangkok. I come back for few days every month to the city where we spent few years. So the main question was...do we do a blog on this week-end in Shanghai? This is a blog about friends, friends and friends. Few nights in Shanghai to celebrate Hugues and Jia Jia wedding, for Claire's Birthday, but also to attend our usual "thursday club" at Abbey Road and have dinner with our friends on friday at Bella Napoli.

We had few challenges on this trip. I did fliy a day before to have some time to work. Ma'ri and Leslie were scheduled on the Wednesday night flight of Thai...flight cancel...well...postponed by more than 10 hours! Not a great thing. Next challenge, how do you pack for the weather in november in Shanghai. A week ago, day temperature were around 27 degrees, Monday dropped to 11 degres! Mad...and Wednesday, the temparature was back up in te twenties...crazy!

Facebook is blocked in China! It has been for months. Normally I post our parties pics on facebook, as this is more private. But a lot of our friends are blocked from this, so this is another reason to add a blog entry. Somehow for those of you who are used to see our entries, it is another way to discover us from another angle. But this is also and mailny for our friends living in Shanghai, to share with you this amazing week-end.

We had our own program, and Leslie had his own. He was so excited to see the firends with who he shared three years in Shanghai. So on the plans were two sleepovers with friends. Thursday Leslie spent the night at Max place, and Friday with Thomas and Hugo. I can garantee you that Leslie had a wonderful time, and thanks to Fred, Therese, Audrey and Jerome for your great welcome.

I realize this entry is not really about "travelling" as we would do it normally. This is about our friends. Home is for me where my loves are...but home is somewhere also where your friends are...today my home is extending between Saigon, Shanghai and Bangkok...as I'm in these three places every month.

We will be back with the family in Shanghai end of May for the expo 2010. For me, will be back there many times before the opening of the Expo 2010. There is only one big problem with these long week-ends, where do we find the time to get some sleep. Waking up early everyday, running around all day long...and honestly getting a little older...we couldn't last till 3am every night. But who cares, friends were there...our friends are amazing and we miss you guys, but we love you!

The next entry is coming soon. We are back in Bangkok...as we need few serious nights of sleep to recover. And yes, diving seasons is arriving...we are counting the days!


Additional photos below
Photos: 36, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 10; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0408s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb