Shanghai


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
June 6th 2008
Published: June 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have spent the last few days in Shanghai. Its a really developing city, with loads of sky scrapers flying up all the time...We have walked along the Bund loads which travels along the river through the city and has a great view of all the buildings of the city. We had a drink in the swanky bar cloud 9 at the top of the Jin Mao Tower but now there is a taller tower right next to it, although i'm not sure that its open to the public or not?! To cross the river to the towers you can take this wierd light tunnel in a sort of cable car, it really doesn't feel very much like china here until we get further out of the centre to near our hostel. We had our first tea ceremony a couple of days ago which was very sweet and we tried loads of different kinds of tea (no PG tips though!).. We have wandered around lots as it feels much safer here than other parts of China。。We have also visited the Jade Budha Temple which is really pretty and bumped into a tramp wearing a scunny shirt on the Bund, very random!!

After another day of realxing we are going to take a train to HongKong。。which is apparently flooded so we should be in for a realxing time!!






Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Seven CocksSeven Cocks
Seven Cocks

Steve was uncontrolable with laughter at this picture, maybe its because of its beautiful colours and talented artwork, or maybe its because it was called 7 cocks...


Tot: 0.154s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.1137s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb