Hongkong


Advertisement
Hong Kong's flag
Asia » Hong Kong » Kowloon
June 11th 2008
Published: June 11th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We have been exploring Hongkong islands for the last few days and finally today I got my first day at the beach which was lovely even though it rained a tiny bit!! We spent the first day and night walking along the harbour and avenue of stars on Kowloon. There is a cool laser show in the evening from all the buildings but it was a tiny bit cloudy, (still good to watch though!) We have been to loads of markets which seem to run well into the night, the do like to shop here!

Yesterday we caught a train up the mountain to see the view from the other side on Hongkong island and we ran round the peak path twice in 90% humidity and after we looked really bad but we were just about aloud back on the train to the bottom!

There has been terrible flooding here which means that we cannot visit the budhas etc as its all closed off, I think some people there have been without food and water for a few days and all the monks etc have been evacuated!

We are trying to book some time in Macau now which should be cool before we head back to China mainland..


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

HongkongHongkong
Hongkong

Not technically a site but i couldnt help it!!


Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0174s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb