Freeflow and YMCA


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Xujiahui
May 11th 2008
Published: May 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

At 10am everybody stirred and we headed to Sacha's by 11am. We went cos of their buffet/main meal/FREE FLOW champagne scene for 115 yuan (about 8 quid!!). Sat outside bathed with sun and surrounded by plants and beautiful westerners it felt more Puerto Banus than China. We abused the champers to the max and were annoying the already annoyed waiting staff with our tipsy demands. 3 o'clock was the buffet deadline and we pushed thru a bottle each between the 8 of us!! The food was excellent and half cut by 3pm, Sam, Ben and I stayed whilst the others went to a fabric market (certainly made harder decisions) and got stuck into happy hour with Guiness and Heiniken being flogged for bit over 1.50 quid. We left at 6pm after chatting with a Yank and an Irish business pair, with a chuckle and a stumble we hailed a cab and went to the hotel. Not after he stopped to do a toilet on the street!! Hahaha. Good ol' China. Took a pic of him as well.
We waited around at the hotel for a bit too long and we started lagging with afternoon beer taking its toll. So we cracked open a beer (naturally) and pushed thru. Finally we went to the Bund where street sellers were flogging all and sundry. A beautiful sight at night with old French and English architechture mixed in with the intoxicating lights and advertisments of modern China. We went to a restaurant looking over the Bund and proved a beautiful if slightly chilly place to get 'our scran on'. Luckily the beer coat was a warm one. Got stuck into a Lamb Shank and mash for about 7 pounds which barely touched the sides. After goin into the restaurant where the drunk and fairly gay owner was telling us about bone China and showing pics of Putin at the restaurant, he gave us a pic each of the place.
Sam, Ben and I took off in a taxi and returned to near Sasha's to the Johnnie Walker bar where many a Jack Daniels were consumed while watching a Phillipino band were covering a multitude of sins fairly well. We were obviously the stars of the bar and the female lead singer beckoned us to dance on stage. Sam duly obliged and owned the place with some incredible moves to the legendary YMCA. Young man! There's a place u can go....! More whisky (Sam's speciality) followed and more beckoning also. So Sam and i stepped up to move with grace and fluidity to Donna Summer's 'Hot Stuff' and other classics. More bars were visited and we traipsed back to the hotel by 5.30am to find everyone up worrying about us and Kelvin out in a taxi looking for us.... IN SHANGHAI!!!! There's 20 million people!! We passed out gladly........

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 50; dbt: 0.062s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb