Dirty Head and Suzhou


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Xujiahui
May 12th 2008
Published: May 23rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Awoke with a nasty head (suprise? much?) to a fairly empty hotal room as Sam, Kelvin, Mandy and Anita had left for England. Poor Sam..'he will just hate me for a week' and 2 hours sleep = hell. We cleared up and Ben and I got a sickly taxi to the central station carrying all our kit. Got stuck into a KFC (seem to eat more Western filth out here than back at home) which saved the day and absored the naughty inside us. Met up with Carly and Paul outside. We got an amazing train to Suzhou (said Sujoah) - sofa style pretty much and watched some South Park on the iPod. 45 mins later we were in there and the relief washed over me with an awesome wave to be away from the atmosphere that 20 million people could only create.
Got dropped of at the International Hostel on Xianwang Lu and got a room for 3 quid (6 shared but i was alone). Crawled into bed and slept for hours on the rock hard bed which seemed like heaven at that point just to be horizontal. That night Ben didnt resurface so i went down Sizchuin for a TERRIBLE T-bone steak on pasta with broccoli for about 2 quid. Blackadder II did help out tho - Melchet: 'Talking to yourself again blackadder?' Blackadder: 'Yes Melchet, its the only way i can be guaranteed of intelligent conversation.' Hehe. Back to the hostel for some much needed kip. Unknown to us at this point a deadly earthquake in the West of China would come to dominate the next few days...

Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0518s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb