Shanghai Trip - The Bund


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Pudong
April 23rd 2011
Published: May 15th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Finally I arrived in Shanghai yesterday!!!

Yes there's almost 20 million people here so everywhere is crowded!! It's also a very vibrant and busy city and you meet lots of foreigners here. There's river called Huang Pu River across the city. Both riverside of the river are famous tourism spots.

I went to one side of the river today. The place I went to is call Lu Jia Zui area, which is a new developed area. There's famous Oriental Pearl Tower and many skyscrapers over here. And from this side you can have the grand of view of another side of the river, which is called The Bund. It's older part of the city and where the city started. The Bund area , a symbol of Shanghai, reflects the vibrancy and gaiety of the city ‘s early days through a bustling view of the Huang Pu River on one side and old banks and villas on the other. Tourists will be fascinated by numerous buildings in a variety of styles such as the ancient, the modern, the traditional Chinese and the foreign, Some of them are historical relics left by our ancestors thousands of years ago while most are architectural achievements mirroring designs of ancient Rome and Greece, Middle Ages,Renaissance and the Classicism.



Additional photos below
Photos: 8, Displayed: 8


Advertisement



Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb