EXPO


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Pudong
October 24th 2010
Published: November 9th 2010
Edit Blog Post

EXPO 2010 Shanghai China



Philippine Pavilion
The surface of the pavilion is made of transparent materials in the shape of diamonds, which swing with the wind and show different visual effects. Outer walls of the pavilion are all decorated with eye-catching collages. Visits can enjoy unique local conditions, customs and art performances inside the pavilion.

Australia Pavilion
Featuring sculptured curving walls and a red ochre exterior, the Australia Pavilion's appearance is inspired by the world-famous Ayer's Rock. The color of the pavilion's red facade is made from the use of a special kind of steel, which is commonly used in Australia cities. It will change colors responding to the temperature and humidity of Shanghai.

Brunei Darussalam Pavilion
Visitors can enter the pavilion through tropical rainforests, unique natural landscapes in Brunei. Special revolving patterns can be seen everywhere in the pavilion. The upward trend and vertical pattern of this design symbolize the gradual improvement of Bruneian people's lives and their ambition for developing a better economy. They also show that Bruneian people have made unremitting efforts to protect the environment, rich cultural heritages and traditions.

Cambodia Pavilion
The pavilion fully embodies Cambodia's sense of cultural heritage protection with its three historical periods: Angkor Period, Odong Period and Phnom-Penh Period. These three periods have witnessed the development of Cambodia since its establishment to its modernization today, with rich culture, art, historical relics and abundant natural resources.

New Zealand Pavilion
Legend has it that the god Tane separated his parents, the Sky and the Earth, to create the world we live. This Maori creation story will be brought to the World Expo 2010 by the New Zealand Pavilion under the theme "Cities of Nature: Living between land and Sky". Wedge-shaped, the 2000-square-meter pavilion extends the story into a three act play - the welcoming space (plaza), the interior, and the roof garden.

Angola Pavilion
Outer walls of the pavilion are decorated with African woodcarvings emphasizing national features of the country. Sculptures and paintings with rich ethnic characteristics are exhibited with high technological tools. These items not only show a strong tie between the country and its water, but also explore and present the sustainability of its urban development.

Netherlands Pavilion
The Netherlands Pavilion, known as "Happy Street," is constructed in a figure eight - a lucky number that suggests fortune in Chinese culture. It is mainly composed of a 400-meter pedestrian street that curves in a figure of eight and 26 small houses along the street. Built completely on stilts, the street looks like a suspended roller coaster.

United Kingdom Pavilion
The first World Expo came about in the United Kingdom and was then known as the Great Exhibition, held in the Crystal Palace at Hyde Park. This majestic metal-and-glass edifice was not only home to the extravaganza display of products from all over the world, but was also the iconic symbol of the world fair, being considered one of the most beautiful structures in the world until a fire destroyed it half a century ago. Now, the United Kingdom has brought to Expo visitors a new version of the Crystal Palace - a dazzling cube formed by more than 60,000 slim and transparent acrylic rods containing seeds of different plants that were collected in a bio-diversity project.

Norway Pavilion
A forest from Norway is providing a cool experience for visitors to the 2010 World Expo. Norway's pavilion, with the theme "Norway, powered by nature," was constructed around 15 model trees made from Norway's pine trees and Chinese bamboo. Wood is widely used as a construction material in Norway while bamboo is the traditional construction material in China. The pavilion aims to present an impression that Norway is a livable place, Norwegians' harmonious relationship with nature, their reverence for nature and how nature has provoked Norway's inspiration. Norway hopes to dedicate each tree to different cities in China.

The information above was taken from this website. Go to this site for further information.
http://en.expo2010.cn


Additional photos below
Photos: 222, Displayed: 24


Advertisement



Tot: 0.144s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.066s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb