Sight seeing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Huangpu
May 24th 2010
Published: May 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Today we did the tourist thing and took a tour bus around the city. You can get on and off at 10 different stops throughout the city. We got off at the Jade temple...really nice budda temple! We were taught about how to pray and which budda to pray to for depending on what you are looking for...basically there are 4 budda's. Chris prayed to happy budda and I to long life budda...There is this funky gift shop where i bought a pearl necklace for about 40cnd....it's beautiful...since i'm a sucker for pearls!

Out side the temple is this little street...where we had tea...and bought enough tea for a year. And we found postcards so i can send teddy and Harry a postcard! from there we went to the pearl market...mmmm more pretty stuff...since we didn't buy anything we ended up at the silk market...this kid who spoke english was showing us all the back rooms to cheap cool stuff... needless to say we went crazy at the prada and louie factories!!!! YUP we know where they are made!!!!

Then we ended up in the Bund....cool..tomorrow we will take a boat down the bund...and there were more shops....

I did forget to mention one thing..it was hot very hot and sunny today...since we have arrived it has been overcast...and lots of smog...today nope...pam got a sunburn...yes very red shoulders and arms...not to mention my nose!

pictures we will put up in the morning..going to bed...feet are sore...dam if your going to come to this city good shoes are a must!




Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0341s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb