First day of expo plus more!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai
May 21st 2010
Published: May 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: noodle guy at hot pot resturant 43 secs
What a day! We went to the Fair today. The canadian pavilion is amazing...it's the best I've seen! It makes me proud to be Canadian! See the pic's and tell us what you think. The line up's are crazy to see a pavilion and well we did line up at first but decided to use our passes after. We got through 5 buildings but about 30 countries. Africa is one big massive building with about 25 countries in it! Egypt was our first stop...no surprise there! But very disappointing...I suppose I wanted Cario to be here and all I got was a very empty room of sand! There are about 4 artifacts but that is it..no one is there to explain..the shop is about the size of my car...with 5 things in it to sell. The stuff they are selling is made in China! Elise very dispointing! Ok so we went off to India and Napal...MMMMMmmmm food was amazing...the tea was incrediable! Napal's pavilion is a hand craved building...WOW.

After that we went back to the canadian pavilion and helped the staff set up the lounge for this big luncheon they are hosting today...That was fun! We helped out so everyone could leave to go to this dinner that everyone from the Pavilion was invited to attend. It was at this restaurant for "hot pots" ok this is a really cool place...while you wait for your table you can get a shoe shine and a manicure...what's with that eh.. once we got to our tables we were given hot pots..they go on burners on the tables and half is a broth and the other half is a spicy broth..with chiles and other spices. It is a like a fondu...you put your meat and fish and veggies in it to cook and then dip in these really good sauces...I liked mosted of it...i tried it all..not thrilled with the pigs brains but chris and I tried them...the blood thingy was good..I stopped asking after awhile...just tried and if i liked it i ate it.

our pictures of the guy with noodles didn't work out..too bad...he did this kind of dance with them it was neat...ok so since we had beer and lots of beverages...had to pee...that was interesting...I expected a hole in the ground I didn't expect someone to wash my hands for me and dry them and cream them..what's with that...oh a billion people need jobs...must be...our host..explained that way there is no contamination back to the table...happy pammy..now we just need this in cnd!


Additional photos below
Photos: 70, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0426s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb