More Guhua Park


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shanghai » Fengxian » Nanqiao
June 10th 2009
Published: June 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Leah and ladies exercising 6 secs
2: Boat amusement park ride 10 secs
3: Bumper cars 6 secs
Guhua Park Guhua Park Guhua Park

from restaurant
This past weekend, we went back to Guhua Park (which I wrote about earlier) both Saturday and Sunday. Saturday, we caught a cab, showed the taxi driver a picture of the park sign from when we were there before and it worked - we got there! We first had lunch at the restaurant next to the park, which we now know is called U.N.D.C. Coffee in English. After lunch, we walked through some areas of the park where we hadn’t been before and then went to the amusement park area. Jim and Leah went on some rides, then we walked a little more until we realized that the park was closing (at 4:30). A security guard led us to the exit because we weren’t sure how to get out from where we were! We walked a short distance, then decided to catch a cab and head home.
Since we had promised Leah we’d rent a boat at the park and missed doing it on Saturday, we decided to go back on Sunday. We went to the Sentosa Hotel for their breakfast buffet, then, having checked Google maps to get our bearings, were able to walk to Guhua Park. God is so
Interesting menu!Interesting menu!Interesting menu!

This was the Western lunch section - cod muffins?
good!- While standing and trying to figure out how to rent a boat, a woman and a little boy came up to us who spoke English, and the boy (maybe 4 or 5) very politely introduced himself and said it was nice to meet us! We then asked the lady if she could explain the boat rental to us, which she kindly did! So, we went out on an electric boat for a half hour (for about $2USD), which Leah was very excited to get to drive around the lake! I saw people all along the shore taking our picture, so I guess we provided extra entertainment for those at the park that afternoon! That’s OK, we took our share of pictures of Chinese people that day too! After our boat ride, I wanted to draw and write in my journal, so Jim and Leah went to get cold drinks, while I sat next to the lake. It was a great day!



Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

U.N.D.C. Coffee  RestaurantU.N.D.C. Coffee  Restaurant
U.N.D.C. Coffee Restaurant

We like it here because the menu is in Chinese AND English! Although some is confused - like the fried forgs!
U.N.D.C. Coffee U.N.D.C. Coffee
U.N.D.C. Coffee

from Guhua Park - it seems to match the park buildings, so maybe it was actually part of the original park property?
Chinese friendsChinese friends
Chinese friends

This couple followed us for quite awhile, the man trying to talk to us, before they finally asked for a picture.
Chinese friendsChinese friends
Chinese friends

As usual, they only want Leah in their picture!
Ladies ExercisingLadies Exercising
Ladies Exercising

It seems that what we call "playgrounds are used just as much by the adults in China! The lady towards the back spoke good English and was asking Leah questions.
Snack timeSnack time
Snack time

Having ice cream in the shade. Hard to choose flavors, Leah and I ended up switching, what she picked had a chocolate coating with something purple that I couldn't identify the flavor of inside! They also had a "salt water" flavor popsicle.


Tot: 0.119s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0562s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb