Terracotta Warriors, Xian, China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Shaanxi » Xi'an
July 11th 2009
Published: July 11th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
My trip to see the Terracotta Warriors in Xi'an was one of the highlights of my time in China, after Tiger Leaping Gorge (Yu Long Shu Shan) and The Great Wall.

On the the eastside of the Xi'an train station you can catch a bus that takes you the 7 km to the Terracotta Warrior Site and it costs 7 RMB. The problem is it's kind of a hassle to find the bus and the area around the train station is dodgy...I mean really dodgy. Or you can book a tour with through your hotel or hostel for about 160 RMB and be picked up and dropped off at the hotel/hostel...hassle free.





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

General SaternusGeneral Saternus
General Saternus

You can tell I wasn't exercising enough and enjoying too many dumplings!
You can have your own at home!You can have your own at home!
You can have your own at home!

At the Terracotta Warrior factory you could buy a lifesize Warrior, plus shipping and handling of course.
ChariotChariot
Chariot

The Emporer Qin had the chariots made half size with the belief that they would be full size (or bigger) in heaven.
Terracotta Warriors Pit  #1Terracotta Warriors Pit  #1
Terracotta Warriors Pit #1

The room is full of the warriors all put back together again. Two thousand years ago, soon after the project was completed, some haters of Emporer Qin broke in and smashed everything to pieces. What you see now are the warriors put back together again. Quite impressive nonetheless.
Lifesize?Lifesize?
Lifesize?

They are TALL, much taller than present day Chinese people, and all happen to be the same size.
Photo OpPhoto Op
Photo Op

Of course I had to have a photo with them. The best part is that I paid 10 RMB to have a Chinese person take a photo of me with MY camera. No matter, I would have paid 100 RMB...the warriors are BAD ASS!


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0407s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb