The Badminton Tournament


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Liaoning » Dalian
August 1st 2012
Published: August 7th 2012
Edit Blog Post

This morning we had our Chinese oral exams...... In pairs we had to make up a conversation between a American student and a Chinese teacher who is meeting him for the first time. I went with Caleb and we made a very funny pairing, with Cindy saying that we were very entertaining! This made my day!

In the afternoon we had an organised badminton tournament. I was knackered after basketball but managed to win two out of four scheduled matches and threw away a three point lead in the final set of a friendly match against James to lose... In the end the Durham contingent did us proud with max and Andy winning there groups, Matt and Lil and Beth and her partner winning the mixed doubles and Karwei winning the woman's! We then foolishly played football but after putting in some sweet plays I busted my foot and had to give up.

As we had our language test in the morning some of us paid a last visit to English menu guys before attempting to do some work. In the end we just sat around reading about the Olympics and seeing what athlete we were a body match with! I am the same as the Ukrainian female discus thrower, Jess is a Ukrainian female hurdler and James was a mixture of Judo and Karate athletes! In the end we watched a bit of pirates of the caribian and the crashed out..

Advertisement



Tot: 0.042s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0213s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb