oh, how i love Beijing!!!


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Liaoning » Dalian » Dalian
November 1st 2010
Published: November 1st 2010
Edit Blog Post

so we got to Beijing on a thursday night. headed to the hotel and then went to their buffet for dinner. it was the best buffet i ever remember going to! Indian, Japanese, Chinese, and American food. it was delicious! i typically am not a buffet person, but this one was wicked good.
the next day we woke up early and had breakfast. then we headed out to the Forbidden City. that was pretty interesting. i took a lot of pictures, and fought my way through the crowds to get good pictures. after that we went to the square across the street. it was by some government buildings.
then off to the silk market! i love shopping here, everything is so cheap. i am also pretty damn good at bartering. i got shoes, jeans, a belt and presents for my Americans 😊 it was a long amazing day. we finished it having dinner with one of dad's friends. she is a little older then me, and took up for AMAZING roasted duck. i also tried jelly fish and had some duck liver.
the next day we hiked the great wall! we had amazing weather, and got there super early to avoid traffic and too many people. we hiked up for a few hours, then took the lift to get down. i stocked up on hats and presents for my Americans. we had korean bbq after wards, i got a haircut and then we got ready for dinner. we met another one of dad's local friends, and her husband. they took us to a great local restaurant for dinner. then we walked around a lake for a while, got starbucks and headed out to the halloween party. the party was AMAZING it was in a 4 star hotel, inside a club. we had a private table and bottle service (sparkling wine). they was a few magic acts, girls dancing on tables and such. me and the woman with us had a great time: dancing, chatting, drinking. her husband and my dad just sat at the table. i met the host of the party, and he asked me if i wanted to get my make up and hair done: HELL YEA! so the professional went at it with me. i definitely looked halloween and awesome after he was done with me.
it was a long, awesome few days in Beijing. i look forward to going out there one day again. i was sooo exhausted yesterday though. i am planning out my last full week here 😞 i will miss china. hopefully i will come back again in the summer.


Additional photos below
Photos: 107, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0489s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb