Nantong China, Week 2


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu
May 13th 2008
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Well we visited Nantong Shipyard and met with some executives from Cisco, a large shipping/ship repair/ ship making company. It was very interesting and was nice to see. This week we didn't have much going on activity wise. We would go to class and study and do homework. During the evenings we would go eat dinner and then go party. We would drink in our rooms and sometimes just stay in the dorm all night and other nights we would drink in the rooms then go out to bars and clubs. Sometimes our Chinese buddies would come with us which was a lot of fun when they did. I've gotten a lot better at using chopstix and the way the chinese drive doesn't bother me anymore. I've gotten pretty close tih my Chinese buddies and I can tell that they will be my friends for a long time. We had a basketball tournament against the Chinese students. Most of us went out the night before and drank too much and smoked way too many cigarettes. Anyways we got down there and it was a pretty even game. We were playing horribly and you could tell some of us were getting a little heated. At the 4th quarter we started picking up our game and we came out on top ahead by 3 points. It was a lot of fun but very competitive. A bunch of us also this week rented mopeds and zipped around the campus for an hour. To rent the mopeds cost us 2.50 yuan an hour which is extremely cheap. We cruised around, drag raced to see who had the fastest moped, and took pics infront of the school. It was a good week and we leave to go travel on Saturday for a week. It Should be exciting.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0538s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb