Nantong Week 1


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu
May 9th 2008
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were slowly getting used to China now. We found out they had basketball courts on campus and that there were places to get cell phones and do laundry. There was a little supermarket you could buy things at and a place to get school supplies. Classes were finalized and we had set times for classes to start. During one of the classes Dr. Featherman invited us to go to a place called wolf hill. It's a buddhist temple located in Nantong. Everyone wanted to go so on Wednesday we got into taxis and we went there. The way the Chinese drive is extremely intense! Lanes are non existent and don't even think about using your signals. You get cut off but it's no big deal and horns are used religiously to let other drivers know you're behind them to the side of them or that you're about to blow through an intersection without stopping. Anyways we finally got to Wolf Hill which cost us about 20 yuan to get there. Split that 4 ways for how many people we had in the car and it was 5 yuan a piece. That's less than a dollar. Wolf Hill was very beautiful. Lots of trees, flowers, and a flowing stream with fish. We hiked for a bit and finally reached the temples. We saw the customary way to pray and saw some monks. Everyone wanted to participate and it was quite a wonderful experience.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.067s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0386s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb