Visit to the Southern Zen Temple in downtown Wuxi


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Wuxi
August 16th 2009
Published: March 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

I have come to Wuxi to visit my uncles',who has opens up the chain Sichuan cuisine restaurant at Xicheng Road, just 10-minutes away from Wuxi Railway Station by e-bike. Wuxi ,though not the capital city, stands out in economy as the No.1 in Jiangsu Province.And it just one-hour away by train from the china's eastern metropolis ,Shanghai. In the town there are a lot of fomer residence of the famous people,including great writer ,author of the novel <>(围城)Qian Zhongshu,Chinese traditional Erhu musician A Bing,former Chinese leader in the world-known Great March ,Bo Gu.Above all ,the most attractive one is the Nanchansi Temple in the Nanchang District.A couple of small temples with a large temples in the middle are located along the Jinghang Great Canal ,starting in Beijing and ending in Hangzhou.The temples are of traditional Chinese style ,more of the southern pavilion style.With sculptured patterns and beautiful designs,those pavilions show a unique taste of the people living along the Yangtze river in the ancient times.
Not interested in the modern structure of cements,i found a slight taste in the local residence .Those old houses ,though too fraigile to stand strong wind or rain,are the vivid reflections of the past prosperity.That,s
PavilionPavilionPavilion

of the traditional Chinese style
is history.Today,with the fast development ,it has become the slum.Rich people have long moved to the modern subdistrict.But i can still smell the prosperity on seeing the old streets.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Nanchansi(Southern Zen Temple)Nanchansi(Southern Zen Temple)
Nanchansi(Southern Zen Temple)

The memorial arch of it
The old streets The old streets
The old streets

The old stone streets burderned the ups and downs of the history


23rd March 2010

I love Wuxi
I have had many opportunities to visit the beautiful city of Wuxi. Perhaps some day we can meet and share our experiences.

Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb