Around Chongqing:Day One


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing » Chongqing
January 11th 2010
Published: March 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

I would feel so lucky that i have such a long winter vacation and also so early. Most of the universities in China won't start their vacation until late February.To kill time,i think ,think the best way is to go traveling with my friends. This year ,my friend John.Z.Y ,from Shanghai ,has a traveling plan around southeast China,including Chongqing ,Sichuan,Yunnan,Guizhou.Chongqing is his first destination.As a local resident ,i would be so glad to show him around the city.I am scheduled to pick him up at Jiangbei International Airport.
Well-known as Foggy Capital,Chongqing has a foggy ,damp,moist weather in winter. it kept raining for a few days before his arrival. it was quite sunny and the sunlight was strong ,which made me feel warm.
Fortunately,there was no traffic jam on the airport highway from downtown to the airport which is in the suburban district.i arrived at the airpot almost the time the plane John took landed. That was the situation satisfying me most. Neither had i to wait nor be late for the plane. People were coming out of the passage one by one but i didn't see John show up. What was the hell he doing ?was he attracted by a native beauty being seduced to have a ONE NIGHT STAND or was he being refused to pass at the security check because of carrying one kilogram of Shanghai bacteria ?My patience nearly ran out when he appeared in front of us with a bag of Shanghai delicacies. That was John,the tall thin slutful Shanghai bitch.
I ,with a classmate of mine in high school ,took him directly to Guanyinqiao ,famous CBD in Jiangbei District in Chongqing.He was impressed by the modernization and charm of Chongqing as the first city in southeast China. It is believed that without tasting the spicy and delicious hot-pot one would not be considered to really have visited Chongqing when he came to Chongqing. From the look on John's face,he couldn't wait any longer when i mentioned Hot-pot. What also impressed him was that there are thousands of hot-pot restaurants in the lanes and streets in Chongqing. John enjoyed himself for the first taste of the original hot-pot. The originality was the first killer to him.
We got back to the hostel a little late at night. for being the fellow townsman of the receptionist at the hostel ,i got a discount for the accommodation fee. we got a four-bed room with only we three.The hostel ,on the whole ,was nice enough for the cheap price.We all felt exhausted after wandering around in the city.We looked forward to the next day's trip.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



23rd March 2010

thank you for sharing your journey
I was so happy to read your blog, and your wonderful English. I hope, that some day soon, I can also visit the city of Chongqing. I wish you much success and much joy every day of your life.
29th March 2010

as you know,Chongqing is my hometown, i love this city.

Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb