Parties and traditional dresses


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Wuxi
July 13th 2009
Published: July 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Party!!Party!!Party!!

Me and Olina at the party.
13 th July

Today is Party Day! It is tradtion in China that when you move into a new house/flat you hold a party whether it be a few relatives fro a meal or 30 people at a massive hotel. Olina's family opted for the latter. Yes 300 people we had to sit with. To start the day we got up and went out to eat noodles with lots of people we didnt know. Then came back to the flat whilst lots of people came and went, me and daisy read and then got ready into some slgihtly more respectable clothes: dresses.
When we arrived at the hotel there was also a wedding taking place, this was interesting as in mine and daisy's words it was 'taky' very very taky. The bride did look nice though.

We ate in a big room and were luckily were sat on the table with Olina's friends which meant i got chance to meet lots mor eof them and talk toher close friends who was very chatty- sutied me fine.

Later that night after the party we got into our traditional chinese dresses for a photo session. It was quite fun and
Celebration roomCelebration roomCelebration room

One of the rooms for the guests of the moving in party.
embarrasing that her whole family were admiring us in our chinese dresses.

We packed our things for shanghai and got to bed late. Overall a good day experiencing a little bit more of chinese culture, even if it is the side that obviously has more money than most.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement

GirliesGirlies
Girlies

The three of us.
The familyThe family
The family

This is us in our traditional chinese dresses and Olina and her mum and Dad.


21st July 2009

wow..
You look fab in your dresses. x

Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0485s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb