Speed boats and Politics


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Wuxi
July 12th 2009
Published: July 17th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The 'communist' villageThe 'communist' villageThe 'communist' village

One of the richest places in China.
So daisy has gone :-( thought i would update my blog of the last few things we did together before she left.

12th July

Today we ventured to a strange place. It is a village only half an hour away from where Olina's lives. It is a completely communist village, the only thing is, is that everyone is rich! It's one of the richest places in china and its weird, all the houses are the same.
Even though it was a bit of a surreal experience it was well worth the view at the top of a tower and it sparked some political conversation with olina and her dad about chinese politics.

We then headed to the park which backs onto the yangtzee river. To get to the river we had to go through some underground tunnels which were apparently built to escape invasion from the Japanese.

Once at the river we could see the massive cargo ships and the dirty water of the definatley 'yellow river'.
For a bit of fun we caught a speed boat to take us down the river. As much fun as it was i was actually scared as it jumped over
Looking goodLooking goodLooking good

at first i thought life jaclkets- theres no need. i was pleased i had it on, it made me feel better!
the bigs waves! Olina even complained of it hurting her bum when we landed after a wave.

We then came back to the flat and got invited to a ?Korean restaurant. Olina's uncle wanted to take us. It was so yummy! Like a BBQ in the middle of the table and you cook the food as you go.
We had been told of Olina's dads singing skills and so asked them to Karaoke, result!! He loved it, he was singing to his hearts content! Me and daisy also got in there and sang some quality english rubbish, I think 'girlfriend' by avri lavinge is our favourite. Was a lo of fun, really like Olina's family, nice to be back.





Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

This photo makes me feel sickThis photo makes me feel sick
This photo makes me feel sick

Whilst at the park we saw a man wight monkey chained up and dressed in clothes waiting for kids to pay for their picture with it. The monkey looked half dead- i nearly cried...what a girl!


Tot: 0.053s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0333s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb