Wuxi


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Jiangsu » Wuxi
June 26th 2009
Published: June 26th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Olina's Bloc of FlatsOlina's Bloc of FlatsOlina's Bloc of Flats

We have noticed so many high rise buildings and they are mostly blocks of flats, it is common for people to live in them...we have yet to see an actual house.
So i flew from manchester and met daisy in Dubai airport. The flgihts were long but ok ashad some films to watch and random guy from ?Nigeria was chatting to me and also a guy from Palestine- both thought it was strange that i was going to travel around China and that i am not visitng for business.
We arrived in Shanghai to find Olina and her dad waiting for us at the airport. However, we were kept on the plane after landing for a further 45 minutes as the health department insisted on checking everyones temperature on the plane before we were allowed to disembark.
We drove straight to a restaurant, me and daisy were very tired and confused due to the time difference. We had our own room in the restaurant and ate with Olina's parents. We had numerous dished, including... wait for it Jelly fish. Oh yes we ate it! It was one of the strangest textures i've ever experienced. Also to eat was shrimp, fish, beef and vegetbales. I must admit all the sea food and chewy meat is taking me a while to adjust to but i'm eating any way.
Later that eveing we went straight
Olina's FlatOlina's FlatOlina's Flat

It's very modern and clean...l making the most of and loving the air conditioning for now!
to bed.

Olina's family are being so nice, they have given me and daisy the nicest room in the flat and we even have our bath room. We tried to insist that we had the small room but Olina's dad was having non of it.

Yesterday we were woken up at 10.30 and told to get dressed as we would be eating with the boss of the company Olina's mum and Dad work for. It was realy nice, the boss gave us a gift and we had chinese tea (which is very nice) and eat alot of similar food that we had the previous evening. Later that day we went into Olina's city and walked around some shops and took in the city landscape.

In the evening we went to park and walked around a small lake in the city. It was so nice to walk outside and it not be 35c but mor e like 26/27c.

We are having a lovely time here although i can't help feel a little uncomfortable with how generous her parents are being, for example making sure we are driven plaves, when reall me and daisy just want to ge the bus and stuck in to our travelling ways. However it is also Chinese custom to be very hospitable to guests and apparently we are 'special guests'.
Mandarin is a bit of an issue as we can't speak any however we are trying and think we will be ok travelling on our own when we leave Olina's city.

Having a great time, still adjusting to the lack of sleep we had but enjoying every second!!





Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.041s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0211s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb