Zhang Jia Jie


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hunan » Zhangjiajie
June 25th 2018
Published: June 26th 2018
Edit Blog Post

Today was by far the best day we ever had in this China trip. When we woke up, we went to another Chinese-style restaurant for breakfast and drove to tour the Tianmen Shan, or in English, heaven door mountain. It is very high, and near the peak there is a hole due to cave collapse. We rode a very bumpy, steep, and adrenaline-pumping bus ride up to the hole, but to get to the hole we had to ride the escalator or climb 999 steep steps, so my dad and I chose the latter and raced up the hill while my mom and the others rode the relaxing but nevertheless long escalator ride up. When we got to the top, we waited quite a long time for my mom and the others. Then we took pictures of the view until the tour guide led us to another set of painfully long escalators.

When we got to the top we were astounded. The view was breathtaking, as we could see the whole of Zhang Jia Jie (city) at the peak. We took many pictures along the scenic walk, and dared to walk along a glass bottom bridge. Finally, we walked to the cable car station and rode down the steepest and highest cable car system in the world. It was scary but awesome! Then came my most favorite meal of this trip; there were three different kinds of pork! My belly was filled until the top. Next we drove to a boat ride and learned more about Ancient Chinese traditions and superstitions. Then we drove to our next hotel, ate there, and watched a night show before turning in for the day. It feels like the beginning of the day was yesterday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.057s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0338s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb