Langshan


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hunan » Shaoyang
May 29th 2011
Published: May 29th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,

Bit of an unexpected trip this one. My students had told me about Langshan but I had no idea what was there. I knew it was a mountain range and that was it. So it was a suprise to get a call from our FAO Shirley and she asked if we would like to go. We were invited by the Shaoyang Personnel Bureau, a part of local government I think. So it was a freebie. Well they say to never look a gift horse in the mouth so we said "yes".
We left Friday afternoon with Brandon, in the photos he has a shaven head, and Sandy our contact Chinese teacher. We went to a place in the centre of Shaoyang and met two other foreign teachers who worked in another town in Shaoyang county. First stop was a tofu factory, I know we also thought that was a little strange, but it wasn't to look at tofu being made but to look at some tree root sculptures that the factory owner had in a gallery. These were some spectacular works of art and some very valuable pieces of jade, well I say pieces they were huge rocks!!
No Psychopaths AllowedNo Psychopaths AllowedNo Psychopaths Allowed

I was worried!!??!!
We then went to the visitors centre at Langshan National Park and got a bit of a behind the scenes view. We were shown the CCTV room where they can monitor the whole park. We then had supper and went off to the hotel, which was very posh.
We were up early the next morning and were accompanied to Langshan National Park. The first place we visited was a climb up lots of steps to a Buddhist Temple. There was some breathtaking scenery and at one point you could look down on Hunan on one side and Guanxi on the other.
Our second port of call after lunch was to Candle Peak and Camel Peak. The climb over Camel peak was hard going but there was an old man of 81 doing it so how hard could it be? After our descent we took the mini bus to Pepper Peak but we didn't do anymore climbing. Most people were tired by then.
Langshan Park is spectacularly beautiful with the shapes of the mountains, the vivid green of the rice in the paddy fields and the peasant villages dotted around. We highly recommend a visit.
Special thanks go to the guys from the personnel bureau who were all very kind and to our guide whose name unfortunatly escapes me.
Thank you.
Enjoy the photos and Jah Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 147, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



31st May 2011

haha...Mountain lang is a very beautifu mountain,It was in August 2010 became a World Natural Heritage by United Nations World Heritage....I had went to mountain lang many many times as a tour guide,It is really hard to climb!

Tot: 0.377s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 11; qc: 46; dbt: 0.3073s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb