Strange buildings, statues and unfinished parks


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Hunan » Shaoyang
June 18th 2011
Published: June 18th 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Strong currents 27 secs
Hi All,

With the weather being a bit hit and miss at the minute we've not been out much but it was a lovely afternoon last Wednesday so we went out for a walk along the river to what I thought was a park. I found what looked like a park on google earth. It wasn't quite what I imagined. The bank of the river has had an half arsed attempted at building some gardens and paths, which were half finished and covered in mud because the river level has been high recently with all the rain we've been having, which were so slippery you couldn't walk on them. The "park" itself had an odd shaped structure which looked a bit like a shell. Then on the other side of a busy main road there was a half finished fountain with some steps up to a sculpture of a red flame. Then there were some half finished paths that lead through a wood where there were other sculptures and structures all half finished. There appeared to be a lot of couples sat around not young couples but couples in there 30s. Maybe it's used as a place to have illicit meetings.

Perhaps the money run out that's why it never got finished.

I took a video of the wier across the river because the force of the water was incredible. I can see why there has been flooding north of here with all this water heading that way.

Jah Bless




Additional photos below
Photos: 39, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

BeforeBefore
Before

This was back in January
NowNow
Now

The island has disappeared


Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.036s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb