It's F......ING FREEZING part 1.


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Heilongjiang » Harbin
December 29th 2012
Published: June 18th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 45.75, 126.65

Where to start.

It takes forever to get outside the door. All the clothes that you have to put on.
It's really silly at the time when you are putting on all of the clothes and you start to sweat even before you can get outside. But then when you get outside you wish you had put on even more clothes....

It's really, really, really cold. But unbearably cold.

Luca found " " a local alcoholic drink made from bread.... It actually tastes like stale sweet bread.
He was very proud of himself and drank it with breakfast... Dumplings.

We walked down the main street which was lined with ice sculptures. It was -10. Not so cold... Well the kids threw around some snowballs and then it started to snow. The flakes where huge. They where selling ice blocks.... Seems like a crazy idea but they where walmer than you think and they didn't make you cold at all.

We met the Felton's in Harbin and it was great to do things together.
We stopped at an undergroud market to thaw out then we went down to the frozen river.
There where slides, iceskating, horse rides and frozen fingers and toes.
The kids and Luca had a fantastic time going down the slide while it continued to snow.
Ok time to thaw out again..... and eat lunch.
Noodle soup.
Headed back to the hotel to thaw and get picked up to go to the Ice sculputes.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0345s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb