Fuli near Yangshuo


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi
August 29th 2012
Published: August 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

A bit of a delay since my last blog.....too much to see and no time to write.

The trip from Yangshuo to Fuli was along the Li river by motorised raft, an easy way to travel on a hot morning. At Fuli there were good opportunities to photograph water buffalo. They were very placid and did not seem to mind a close up shot. We could also see the crops growing in the fields. Fuli was very quiet in comparison to Yangshuo. It specialises in fan making. We walked through the old part of the village and visited a family workshop/shop for the fans. I chose a huge fan (for display rather than personal use) with a traditional design.

After lunch we returned to the mountain retreat for a swim in the river and an early supper before the evening entertainment. This was the impressions light show. It is in the open air against the background of the river and the mountains. The show is designed by Sanjie Liu who also designed the opening ceremony of the Beijing Olympics. The rafts and boats on the river were lit up in spectacular fashion.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.161s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb