Yangdi to Xingping


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
May 18th 2011
Published: April 13th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Today we decided to do the boat ride from Yangdi to Xingping. We went to the Yangshuo bus station and easily found a van headed to Yangdi. People at the bus station will ask you in English where you want to go. You just get on the bus/van and pay when they ask for it. I think the trip was a little over an hour but I wasn't paying much attention to the time. We arrived in Yangdi and seemed to be the only tourist milling around. We wanted to walk around a bit to see part of Yangdi before we got on a boat. We walked the dock with a lady following us the whole way trying to get us to use her boat. Then we walked into town a bit to find a bathroom and she lead us to one in a restaurant. By then we were hot and tired so we went back to the dock and haggled over the price of a ride. Once decided we were on our way. These bamboo rafts are big PVC pipes with awnings, wooden benches like you would have in your back yard and a motor. Off we went to see the sites. Our boat driver didn't speak English but she handed us a map with the sights listed on it in order. Some of them were clear others not so much and we weren't sure we were looking in the right spots. At Xingping we got off the raft and walked up the hill into Xingping. We stopped and got a drink at a little store and then walked on to the busses which were farther into town. We hopped on to the first bus that was going back to Yangshuo. About 3/4 of the way back we had to get off and get on another bus. The money collector told us when to get off and switch and we were kind of confused since it looked like we were in the middle of nowhere and we didn't know we would have to switch busses. Anyway a bus came along right after and picked us up and we went on to Yangshuo. Back in town we went and had some ice cream and then a little later dinner. We spent the evening picking up souvenirs and relaxing.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.018s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb