Riding Bikes and Eating Noodles


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Yangshuo
February 26th 2006
Published: March 1st 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bikes manBikes manBikes man

It felt so good to be riding again, i miss it.
Woke up, did some refurbishing of our room. Walked to our new hotel and on the way we bumped into this cute girl we saw the day before at Moon hill. She showed us to a nice and cheap place to stay on West st (and what a street it is). Lan Chee? then took us to this noodle place which free of charge had pigs intestines in it. She was so sweet and even paid for us. Ryan and I decided that she has to be the coolest girl in the whole of China.
We then met up with Yu Ling who took us on an amazing bike tour of the back counrty. She taught us some Chinese and I can now say, You are very beautiful, Thank you, hello, no thanks, byebye, its a pleasure and the numbers 5 and 6. We stopped at this ancient village in the hills where she explained to us about everything from the Feug Shui to the meat hanging from the rafters. All around you see these cordoned off fish ponds for fish farming. Also chickens and ducks and water buffalo everywhere. I like the buffalo, they always look so content chewing on
Chinese ChickenChinese ChickenChinese Chicken

Trust me, they have much better lives than American Chickens.
tufts of grass. It then started to belt down and we put our massive rain coats on and road through mud for the next hour or so until we got to the Dragon bridge. It is over 800 years old and quite a feat. In that it is built out of these massive marble stones with nothing to hold them together but friction and the force that they exert on each other. We then sat down to some nice warm fried noodles which had a medley of meat in it, from dark brown and chewy to thin and pink. And we were then on our way. Yu Ling was fantastic so if anyone is coming to the area go to moon hill and ask for her there. She is actually a rice farmer who learned English to be able to make some money on the side to support her family. Oh and on the side she has never in her life used a knife and fork. Not so stange once you have been here.
When we got back we were drenched and mud stained and due to the fact that we only have one pair of long pants each we
LANCHEEEEEEELANCHEEEEEEELANCHEEEEEEE

Perhaps the coolest girl in China!
had to walk around in our shorts and flip flops. It was so cold so we looked around for some track suit pants. Since arriving here in China after a solid 8 or 9 months of summer I have bought a thick jacket, long pants, 4 pairs of warm socks, a beanie, scarf and gloves. Oh and my pride and joy some awesome slippers! So anyway we went to 'our' noodle shop for one last meal. The ladies were ecstatic to see us and offered us there rice with meat. We declined and sat around the metal drum fire in the middle of the room and had our noodle soup. They kept coming over to us and putting all this funny meat in it and they could not understand us trying to say no so they just kept it up with big smiles all round and Ryan and I looking at each other and saying 'yuuuusiss, wat gaan hier nou aan?' I don't think we will find better noodles in all of China. But do not fear, we shall do our best to prove my statement wrong. Well we actually have no option.
byebye


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

The Last SupperThe Last Supper
The Last Supper

Oh how we will miss this fine establishment.
Cave KidsCave Kids
Cave Kids

Some enthusiastic youngsters.
NeahowwwwwwwwNeahowwwwwwww
Neahowwwwwwww

Funny guy
Dragon BridgeDragon Bridge
Dragon Bridge

Caught up in the moment, OK.
KitchenKitchen
Kitchen

Of the place we ate at.


14th March 2006

you are suck a dork lloyd...but i love it!!

Tot: 0.249s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 61; dbt: 0.0663s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb