One Hundred Inscriptions From The Past - The Guihai Stele Forest


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
August 2nd 2012
Published: August 2nd 2012
Edit Blog Post

This was an amazing cave I ever seen. The Guihai Stele Forest showed us the inscriptions from the past, The Sui Dynasty and The Tang Dynasty. This Guihai Stele Forest is located in the city itself. It is at the Longyin Cliff (The Dragon's Eye Cliff) of Seven Star Peaks.

The Guihai Stele Forest Cave is displayed as part of the tourist attraction in the Seven Star Peaks. These inscriptions are of ancient rock inscriptions and carved stones tablets (Steles) which are found in the Guilin region.

In the beginning of time of Sui Dynasty, it became customary to carve inscriptions onto the natural cliff faces. During the Tang Dynasty more officials and scholars came to inscribe more inscriptions on this wall. They came with many Chinese calligraphies of different style of writing. Different strokes and define characters. They pour their very thoughts from their poetic observations, memorials and literature on this wall. This is art, an expensive masterpiece displayed on a huge wall of the cliff. But how did they manage to inscribe on such a height? Well, the Chinese has a proverb; they can sharpen the iron rod into a fine needle. When they set their heart to do something, nothing can stop them and they are good in everything!

Wish I could inscribe some words on the wall too. May never know, I could be famous some day. My words of wisdom may touch some hearts.

The Guihai Stele Forest Museum was established in 1984 marked a total of 110 inscriptions todate, found and preserved from the time of Tang Dynasty to the Republic of China.

Do not miss this. This is all heart, wisdom and historical. Priceless.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.22s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 20; qc: 90; dbt: 0.1718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb