Bite Thisss...


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangxi » Guilin
November 28th 2006
Published: November 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Well, this one deserves a separate entry....

After the light show yesterday we went for dinner and our main course was SNAKE. Yes that's right Anuja - SNAKE.

It was Rahim, myself and Vlassis one of the group who were brave or stupid enough to try it. After we ordered the snake, the owner made a phone call to his supplier. About 10 mins later an old Chinese woman walks into the restaurant with a brown sack - which contained our dinner - still alive. She takes the snake out of the bag and offers to let us hold it. Needless to say I was first up!!

The snake is then killed in front of you and the blood drained into a glass. The barman then mixed the blood with some tomato juice and a dash of Tabasco and lined up 3 shots for us!! So yes we drank Snake's blood - 2 shots each!! They then took the snake away and stir fried the meat with vegetables. It was delicious - a bit like chicken but more meaty and chewy. We loved it and finished every last bit. They also made a soup with the bones which was less impressive.

For both our Mums reading this - yes our tummies are fine today!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement



Tot: 0.045s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0276s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb