The Joys of Stinky Socks


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Shenzhen
December 30th 2008
Published: December 30th 2008
Edit Blog Post

In a little over a week Brian and I will be leaving for a much needed vacation. Life here has been keeping us very busy and teaching is very trying and tiring at times. I am beginning to believe that the long breaks in the school calendar are more for the teachers than they are for the students! (Although I must admit many of the students here work very hard.)

Our vacation is from January 7th until about February 8th, and we do not have an exact itinerary for that time, just a general idea of where we want to go. We are starting out here in China by visiting Guangzhou, Guilin, Yangshuo, and Nanning, and then heading into Vietnam to begin our trek through SE Asia. Although we will have limited Internet during this time, we promise to post lots of pictures and blogs we have written along the way when we get back.

Neither Brian nor I has ever had the luxury of traveling for a month straight, and we are both very excited. We know that there will be difficulties along the way- getting lost, fighting off unscrupulous street hawkers, not having enough clean socks (my biggest complaint in Europe)- but that ultimately it will be worth it. Because we will also get to see amazing sights, eat fabulous food, and meet new people. We encourage you all to get out there are travel too! Even if you just pretend to be a tourist in your own town or state, it is well worth the stinky socks.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.073s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.054s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb