Guangzhou


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
January 16th 2011
Published: January 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Yangshou to Guangzhou


We got up and got ready for our personal taxi driver to take us to the Guilin Airport at around 8. It was approx 1.5hr ride to airport. Before the turn off to the airport our taxi driver (let’s call him Benji) took us to a small cheap local joint for breakfast. Benji said if he paid the meal will only be 3 Yuan (NZ$0.60) cheap cheap. We had one of Guilin delicacy not sure what it was called but it was flavoured spaghetti in soup. YUM!
We flew Shanghai airlines to Guangzhou. It was about an hour flight as was quite bumpy lots of turbulence. Once in Guangzhou airport James and Macey found us a shuttle/bus to take us in to town near the main train station as Macey thought the hotels will be cheap there.

As Hannah and I waited in the nearest familiar icon, Mc Donalds, James and Macey went around the area looking at potential places to stay. In the mean time Hannah and I tried to order a couple of burgers. We only wanted the burgers, we thought the waitress understood what we wanted however, 3mins later she came back with full meals. We were
Dodge HotelDodge HotelDodge Hotel

They also offers 1hr rooms
under strict instructions from Macey not to order too much as we were going to have dinner soon.

James and Macey found us a dodge hotel in a small side street behind the Mc Donalds we were waiting in. Our rooms looked very tired and smelt like cigarette smoke. We were afraid of the sheets and decided that we will sleep in our sleeping bags.

Once the accommodation was sorted we took the bus to Beijing Ru or Road for dinner. Beijing Ru was one of the 2 walking streets in Guangzhou. I felt like it was in the high end shopping area of the city. There were people everywhere. Over here in china people tend to walk on the right side similiar to the side they drive on. If you walk on the left side of the walk way it was like walking up stream of people coming towards you. Hannah and I had a small shared dinner a Chinese fast food chain called Kung Fu with a picture of Bruce Lee for its logo. The Kung Fu fast food restaurant seems to be dotted all over the place. Every 100m we would see the famous picture of Bruce Lee WA DA!
Pete and Hannah.



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0809s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb