Norway, Lapland, Finland and Estonia, and Shanghai – Tom, Pam & Sheryl, 3-23 December 2017. Departure & Guangzhou, China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Guangdong » Guangzhou
December 3rd 2017
Published: December 9th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Norway, Lapland, Finland and Estonia, and Shanghai



– Tom, Pam & Sheryl, 3-23 December 2017



We were really looking forward to this action packed itinerary begins with a seven day cruise through Norway’s majestic fjords, visiting remote islands and coastal communities not normally accessible by other means. Your adventure continues by taking you deep into the heart of Finnish Lapland where you will delve into the rich culture of the region’s Sami people and explore pristine Arctic landscapes.



We will be stopping off at Shanghai on the way home for 3 nights.



Sunday, 3 December:



Leaving home at 6.00am by uber taxi, we went through the usual international airport routine and departed on China Southern (flying KLM airlines) at 9.55am, on time.



We arrived in Guangzhou, China after a 9 hour flight for our 7 hour stop over. During the flight I watched 4 movies and service was great.



Upon arriving, we had a great look around the airport, including its display of the cities maritime history, laid out in interesting display panels. We walked through a corridor which was lines with lights and blue, giving is a sea feeling. They had also painted large fish and whales on the floor. It was well done.



After a bottle of white wine between the 3 of us and a few snacks, we boarded our next 12 hour flight to Amsterdam. We took a long bus trip to the plane and ran from the bus to the plane's steps as it was raining. We were all pleased how we slept. The leg room was excellent.



After finding our departure gate, which was way down the other end of the airport, we only had to wait ½ hour before boarding. We hopped onto a small plane for our 1 ½ hour flight to Bergan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 25, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Guangzhou AirportGuangzhou Airport
Guangzhou Airport

Guangzhou Airport


Tot: 0.093s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb