Running Out Of Adjectives


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Gansu » Langmusi
August 4th 2016
Published: August 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hi All...
We visited Namo Gorge today which is at the back of the Sichuan Monastery so we had to buy another ticket. We were lucky in that we caught some of the monks saying their mantras and banging drums, playing the trumpets and banging cymbals. But unlike the Gansu monastery, where we were encouraged to walk around the temple, we couldn't go inside but just look from the doorway.
The walk to the gorge goes past some caves and goes along side a small stream for a way. It's easy going, pretty flat, in fact the hardest thing was avoiding the horse muck and litter, no one seems to care about the litter everywhere. I had to reposition myself for some photos because of the rubbish in the foreground. It doesn't distract from the beauty of the landscape with eagles circling overhead and songbirds singing sweet songs in the trees. There is a lovely plain at the end of the walk where we sat and had a snack and a rest before heading back.
Once back close to the monastery I found some water powered prayer wheels, some also had bells in them. I have never seen these before. The small cabins dotted along the river were very pretty.
We've had a really brilliant time here in Langmusi. Once you get away from the hordes of bus tours and middle class tourists it really is a very beautiful and special place. The people both Hui and Amdo Tibetan have all been very friendly and helpful. I wish I could say the same about the tourists who are constantly badgering me to have photos taken with them, it gets very wearysome.
On to Songpan tomorrow.

Enjoy the photos

Jah Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 44, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.272s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 15; qc: 70; dbt: 0.2057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb