A One Hour Hike


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Sichuan » Songpan
August 4th 2016
Published: August 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Hi All,
"The surrounding hills are equally good for hiking" - Lonely Planet.
Hills is not the word I would use. We followed the stream north of the North Gate and after getting some help from some local children found the right track to follow. Songpan lies at about 2800 metres above sea level so strenuous activity is hard work. As you can see from the photos it was very high up and the pathway, sorry, track was a little scary at times, one slip and you'd be off. I never thought we was going to get to the top until into view came the West Gate with parts of the old Ming Dynasty walls. The final couple of hundred metres were a killer??.. The track went on to a Tibetan shrine but I couldn't go up anymore..
Coming down was much easier as there were steps which come down on top of the wall.
Back in the town there is a lovely shopping street with a mix of shops and a charming bridge with lanterns inside.
The last chance to have good mutton kebabs and yak kebabs was taken at a lovely little Hui stall. A pedicab back to the
Original City WallOriginal City WallOriginal City Wall

Walking up here nearly killed me. How on earth did they build a wall?!
hostel made, what started out as a little scary, the end to a pleasant evening.

Enjoy the photos

Jah Bless


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 14; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0321s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb