what do you call 2 people who write calligraphy and listen to Chinese opera?... Alexandra & Elissa


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing
May 10th 2011
Published: May 12th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Today we started our day of with our usual hotel breakfast, same food, still interesting. At 10am we gathered in the lobby to walk to a traditional Chinese calligraphy class at the university. It was amazing. We were each paired up with a student from the class and learned to write traditional Chinese characters (most of us stuck to our name). The view from our calligraphy class was amazing as it looked out to the city and the surrounding mountains. With everyone feeling refreshed, the whole “were in China” epiphany really started to set in. After calligraphy class we scoured the campus looking for food. We ended up at a campus cafeteria we have started to buy meals in pairs because we have realized how huge the quantities are (its not like were cheap meals cost approximately a dollar Canadian). This also provides us with the security that we are not alone in what we eat. During the afternoon we had our first class on multiculturalism in China at the university. The lecture was a nice introduction to what to expect from the lectures during our stay. It left us excited for more. In the evening we were invited to a free opera concert at the school of music. We had no idea what to expect but it was simply beautiful. The instruments, the costumes, the overall atmosphere….amazing! Now were back at the hotel and……..

Elissa passed out with her computer in her lap

TWBSMEIIWWIE count 18


Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0424s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb