A Thrilling Summer of Rafting on the Ayi River


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing » Chongqing
April 12th 2020
Published: April 12th 2020
Edit Blog Post

Ayi River Scenic Spot is located 21 km outside of Pengshui City. The Ayi River Scenic Spot features mountains, water, forests, springs, and gorges – all in one place! It is a scenic river valley area with abundant karst formations all throughout. Ayi River Scenic Area is rich in natural and human history. Based on its natural features of gorges and white water, rafting and tubing locations were decidedly founded here.



The length of Ayi River’s tubing course measures an impressive 36 km. The entire course takes around seven hours to complete. There is also a half-course option, which takes around four hours. Midway through the course is the most challenging obstacle; there is a steep drop with fast flowing white waters that force you to ride through quickly. It requires some skill to maneuver through this part of the course. What is great about this tubing course is it allows you to see many of the area’s karst formations from an optimal vantage point. Throughout parts of the course, you are also able to get off of your tube and go for a swim.

Clear Green Waters

The clear water flows pleasantly and peacefully. Hidden between the towering peaks of the mountains, the surrounding landscape encloses you in nature and ancient-style architecture. The love song of the Miao people echoes throughout the valley.

White Water Rafting

For thrill-seekers and those interested in a change of pace after wading in the water, we highly recommend going white water rafting on the Ayi River. The winding Ayi River throws surprises at every turn. The total length of this course is nine km, with drops of more than 60 meters! If you are adventurous, this experience is not to be missed!

Love Letter Corridor

The world’s first love letter gallery was built along the Ayi River. It contains 108 letters engraved by people visiting from all over the world.

The entire corridor is full of red prayer belts. There are cards that contain love letters and bronze statues of a girl and boy. Walking through the corridor, symbols of love are everywhere; it’s hard not to feel romance. Couples who come here hang prayer belts as a way to “bless” their relationship.

Blue Dragon Sightseeing Elevator

The Ayi River Sightseeing Elevator is built into the side of a cliff. It is over 180 meters tall and has a running height of 148.8 meters. Currently, it is the highest outdoor sightseeing elevator in Asia. Due to its towering appearance, the elevator is also known as the “blue dragon elevator”. Upon entering the elevator, you are presented with a panoramic view of the canyon. The elevator starts to make its way to the bottom of the canyon. It’s a magnificent experience!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.015s; cc: 6; qc: 22; dbt: 0.0231s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 3; ; mem: 1mb