Zhuzixi - A minority campsite


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing » Chongqing
April 12th 2020
Published: April 12th 2020
Edit Blog Post

In every deep summer, Chongqing is hotter than blazes and hard to stay outside. The crowd of those famous summer resorts aroused my idea of looking for a place to get away from the heat. When hearing about Zhuzixi by chance, I became interested immediately.



Zhuzixi, which locates in Haokou, Wulong, is the upstream of Furong River and the buffer protection zone of it, so it has not been overly developed as a scenic spot. Many locals from Chongqing do not know that there is such a cool and primitive place.



If going there, you need to reach Wulong town center first, then take a minibus to Jiangkou with Wujiang River along the way. The forest alongside reflects its green in the water that has the same colour, which is so delightful.



Then you would arrive at a village with Miao and Gelao ethnic minority residents called Haokou, it is neighbor on Wuchuan, Guizhou Province. Many local cuisines like sweet potato noodles can be found here.



Near the Furong River Bridge there are high and steep peaks, here starts the hiking route to the Red Army ferry. The way there is a primitive mountain road, narrow, winding and has no signal, this is a good time to enjoy the natural scenery around you.



Finally reaching the Red Army ferry, if taking a boat to pass by a waterfall now, you can feel the water mist slightly splashed on the face. The coolness of Zhuzixi has shown itself.



Hiking several minutes after taking off from the boat, you can see the wide dam. It’s better to make camp on here since there is no accommodation nearby, and campfire parties at nights are welcomed here. The starry sky without any light pollution is almost as good as the one in Tibet, there are also shooting stars if you get lucky.



Also, no need to worry about the food here, fish in the stream and lambs from villagers’ house will be unforgettable.



It is to admit that the trip to Zhuzixi is long and difficult, though the natural beauty, the clean air, as well as the kind natives has made this place like a Xanadu, far away from crowds and the pollution. This has impressed me a lot since going there for once.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.027s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb