Furong Cave, An Amazing Natural Palace


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing » Chongqing
February 17th 2020
Published: February 17th 2020
Edit Blog Post

On the third day in Chongqing, we set off for one of the key scenic areas in Wulong: Furong Cave, a world Natural Heritage Site known for its unique karst geological landscape in southern China.
 
One thing to remember, however, is that the Three Natural Bridges and Furong Cave are in opposite directions, so we had to prepare for at least a two-day trip in Wulong.
 
The tour guide said that it was a God-given sunny day. We didn't know how lucky we were because it was our first time there. The guide told us that on previous trips the sky was totally gray and the distant woods were completely invisible.
 
I was shocked by the scenery as soon as I walked in. The height and depth of the cave was much larger than I expected. You can’t feel it unless you’re there in person.
 
Furong Cave was discovered in 1993 and open to the public in 1994. In 2002, it was listed as a national 4A-level tourist attraction in China. In June 2007, it was listed as a United Nations World Natural Heritage Site as an integral part of the Wulong section of the South China Karst. It’s 2,846 meters long and known for its many shafts and all kinds of different cave deposits.
 
You don’t’ want to miss any corner in the cave, because every place is like a painting with its own theme name. They also had introduction cards available in Chinese, English and Korean, which was helpful as well.
 
I was very comfortable inside the cave. There were lights projecting on the stone wall. The lights in the cave were not just for beauty, but also in order to prevent the calcium carbonate deposits from weathering. Thermal sources in the cave were all replaced by cold sources, to keep the cave authentic.
 
When you take a closer look, you start to really admire the forces of nature in the cave. There’s a stone statue that was created naturally that really draws your attention. Everywhere I went my eyes were wide open so I could remember everything I saw here.
 
The waterfall with a huge screen was really spectacular. It is 30 meters high and 21 meters wide, whi


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 41; dbt: 0.0477s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb