Take the Train to Fairy Mountain for an Unforgettable Experience


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing » Chongqing
December 2nd 2019
Published: December 6th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Natural limestone bridges, a massive sinkhole, and a karst landscape. These are some of the things seen in the movie Transformers: Age of Extinction. They can also be found in the mountains of Wulong, where the film was shot.
Fairy Mountain National Forest Park became a national 5A scenic area in 2015. The average altitude is 1900 meters, the mountaintop altitude is 2033 meters, and the average temperature is less than 25 degrees.
Fairy Mountain is an area of more than 330,000 acres, including more than 110,000 acres in the park. Relative to the hot weather in Chongqing, the lush greenery and cool temperatures are two reasons it’s popular with tourists in the summertime.
You can get to the mountain by train or by car, but I suggest you take the train so you can see the amazing landscape along the way. As you pass through the mountains and forests, you might think you’re in Europe. This is one reason why Fairy Mountain is also known as the “Oriental Switzerland”.
In the process of taking the small train, you can see horses, flocks of sheep and white-necked crows grazing on the grasslands. As crows only live in areas with the highest quality air, their presence exemplifies the fact that the environment around Fairy Mountain is of terrific quality.
The straight road divides the landscape as it cuts through the grassland and the forest. When you’re driving along this road, you can’t help but think how nice the scenery is, how crisp the air is, and how relaxing the whole experience is.
As you begin your journey out of the mountains, the food vendors you’ll encounter make the streets lively and bustling. The food is very simple, but it has the characteristics of the grassland people. If you have a chance to visit, I suggest you try some local foods before you go. You won’t regret it.
Throughout the year, Fairy Mountain has different types of beautiful scenery and diverse outdoor activities. You can slide on the grass in the summer and ski on the snow in the winter. This is why Fairy Mountain has the reputation of being a “Mountain City Summer Palace”. When you’re here, reveling in all that Wulong and the mountains have to offer, you’ll be able to blend into this forest full of fairy spirits.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.128s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0907s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb