Romantic and Poetic Furong River


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing » Chongqing
November 7th 2019
Published: November 7th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Furong river originates from Guizhou province,flows through Guizhou and Chongqing from south to north and flows to Wujiang river in Wulong county.The total length of Furong river is 231kilometers,and it is the largest tributary of Wujiang river.Furong river called Rushui river in ancient time,it changed it’s name into Furong river because of there are lots of Furong trees along the shore of the river.

The Chongqing section of Furong River is a national scenic spot with a river length of 35 kilometers. After the water storage in the reservoir area of Chongqing Jiangkou Power Station in 2003, the section of the river was raised by 100 meters, forming a beautiful “Gaoxia Pinghu” Scenic Area on both sides. It makes today’s Furong River more beautiful! The gorge of the Furong River is steep and majestic, and the original vegetation is densely planted on both sides. The spring waterfalls are high-hanging and flying, making the valley full of beautiful colors.It can be said that Furong water wins Jiuzhaigou, and the scenery does not lose the Daning River.

There are more than 400,000 people in Wulong County, Chongqing. The people living here are mainly Han people, and there are also a few Miao, Yi and Tujia minorities . Miao people are mainly distributed in the Furong River. In the late Ming and early Qing dynasties, the Miao people were chased as barbarians. One of them was nowhere to go, and they sneaked into it. They relying on hunting and fishing, and struggled for prosper. After the power station was filled with water, the government moved the village’s people to a good town, but there were still some elderly people who refused to leave this piece of homeland. So the Pangu Miao Village, which has only seven or eight households was retained. They are far away from the hustle and bustle of modern cities, living a simple modern life.

Nowadays,Furong River scenic spot is famous in Chongqing,there are thrilling cable cars here. Travelers can visit the most beautiful scenery in here and go back with a boat to experience the gorgeous of the Wujiang River.In the 35-kilometer Furong River Grand Canyon, the water and forests here is green and fantasy, the clouds in the canyon are half-covered and mixed, just like a paradise!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.087s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0555s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb