Visit the Ancient Miao Village in Wulong, China


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Chongqing » Chongqing
November 7th 2019
Published: November 7th 2019
Edit Blog Post

Miao VillageMiao VillageMiao Village

Miao style unique building
Wulong is located in the southeast area of China. Thousands of years of traditional customs have created some very unique culture. Not only are there rich tourist resources, but also the ethnic Tujia and Miao minority area. They have kept local customs and strong culture. In fact, the Houping Miao village in Wulong was honored with the title of “China’s Traditional Ecological Villages and Beautiful Villages of Chongqing”. After being dormant for hundreds of years, the grand opening was held on September 17th.

The houses of the village focus on log cabin construction. They apply a chuan dou-style wood frame to create an exquisite shape for the buildings. Although the construction style has been used for hundreds of years, the quality of the homes and buildings is unmatched, even when compared to modern construction technology.

The village of Houping Miao is a place full of rich ethnic minority customs, and is also a place where the cultural heritage of the minorities is ever-present. Thus, the village has many original cultural performances, such as pieces of ancient scenery, fantastic places for a great holiday, listen to the “Houping Mountain songs”, and experience the traditional married culture of the village.
Miao VillageMiao VillageMiao Village

Traditional culture of Miao village

In addition, the World Natrual Heritage of Houping Tiankeng Group is only about 6 km away from the Miao Village. It has 5 sinkholes which run through canyons, streams, caves, shafts, underground rivers and lakes and even cold-water springs. If you are one who prefers adventure and exploration, this is the place to go.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.113s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0791s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb