Travel Blog Assignment #2 B5


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
September 26th 2013
Published: September 27th 2013
Edit Blog Post

What types of music are popular in China?

The article I looked at was called "The Four Types of Chinese Music" and it talked about the different types of music found in China currently, although some types tend to be more common than others. It lists four main types of music: traditional Chinese music, classical instrumental music, Chinese opera orchestra, and modern Chinese music. The article offers details for each music genre and describes the different styles and the history behind each music type.

The moderate music found in China today is very similar to the popular music in the United States among teenagers. It resembles Western music is some ways also. However, in China, they too have classical music and orchestra that plays both traditional and modern pieces of music. For the some of the more classical music in China, they like to keep the melodies of those songs much more customary, much like some of the musicians in the United States. So, overall, China has a mixture of both very modern and hip music but also keeps the habitual music of the past present too.

Resource: sanjuan.edu

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0355s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb