First day in Beijing


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
August 4th 2013
Published: August 4th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Well the talkative Alice and her driver friend George did well today. Mostly.

A 90 minute drive to the Great Wall at Mutianyu. Then a chair lift up the mountain to the wall where we walked for an hour. It is an amazing structure but we didn't get far on dodgy old steps on some steep slopes. Getting down on the toboggan ride was way faster than the ascent.

On the way home we stopped at a "highly recommended" restaurant where Alice was clearly getting kickbacks! Food was fine to be fair but the setting in a greenhouse was interesting when the weather outside was in the 90s Fahrenheit! The next stop at a tea house was another spot Alice was hoping we spent some Yuan but PG Tips is more my style. Final stop was the Birdsnest Olympic stadium. Cool to see but man it was busy!

Kids are worn out tonight so an early night is in order. City sightseeing tomorrow.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

A new friendA new friend
A new friend

We seem to be celebrities here. Several people took photos of during the day including this boy's Mum!



5th August 2013

Living the dream
Hello the traveling team - Glad to hear that you made it there safe and sound. I am really glad to hear that the ladies traveled in style - way to go Sand and Carys! I am sure you had Ben flirting with the flight attendants to fanagle some more snacks. Love the pictures and the blog, have a great adventure.
6th August 2013

Hi Deb....good to hear from you. We're having a great time here seeing the world. Shame the kids have school as I think Mr & Mrs S would stay traveling longer!

Tot: 0.296s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 6; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0576s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb