Greetings from Mao-land


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
July 30th 2006
Published: July 30th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Greetings from Beijing! Things have been a whirlwind since we arrived on Saturday afternoon. We found our hotel (amazing race style) and met up with our group on Saturday night for a fantastic roast duck dinner which cost us all of $12....together! Sunday we took a bus to the Great Wall (a - maze - ing) and was able to act out a famous Chinese saying - "The one who wins at cribbage is champion forever" (robbie lost).

Afterward, we saw an arcobat show and witnessed a fantastic flag lowering ceremony in Tianaimen Square. Tomorrow we spend most of the day at the Forbidden City and around Beijing before taking the overnight train for Xi'an where hopefully computers will be a bit more updated

Hopefully things are a bit more progressive in Xi'an...We will be sure to post more details in the coming days...


Advertisement



31st July 2006

Thanks for update
Thanks for keeping us informed. The "girls" in Pinetop are having fun checking the blog to see what you are up to. Had dinner with Anne and John tonight. They are off on Tuesday for northern Arizona, Utah, and Oregon. They won't be home until October but are looking forward to seeing you over Christmas. Rain here now but nice this morning so got in our walk. Looking forward to the next blog. Be safe.
31st July 2006

Wow, Tianaimen Square!
Give some overall impressions of China--from both of you. Does it really appear vast? Feel really crowded? What are the people like and what do they wear Sarah? Anyway, if you don't have time now, hope to hear more when you're home. What a wonderful opportunity!
2nd August 2006

I am loving your adventure
I am loving your adventure, but can't wait to see you both! Take lots and lots of pictures.
3rd August 2006

One more thing...
I became an aunt this morning!! Breven is so cute!!

Tot: 0.136s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0602s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb