Bye Kyoto, Hello Fukuoka


Advertisement
Japan's flag
Asia » Japan » Fukuoka
July 28th 2006
Published: July 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today was a travel day. Robbie got up early and went to see Toji temple, which has the tallest pagoda in Japan, five stories tall (no pictures just yet since this is a quick post while we change at the hotel). We departed our ryokan at 10 am and took the shinkansen (the super super duper fast train) to Fukouka across the southwestern portion of Honshu (the big island) to Kushyu where Fukouka is. (side note - Fukuoka is bidding for the 2016 summer olympics).

We will now be taking a quick train to where Sarah has been living to drop off some stuff, pick up her bag for china, and go to dinner with her friends. Back to Fukuoka tonight to go out (its Friday - duh) then off to Beijing China tomorrow. Our flight is at noon and we arrive at about 2pm. Exciting Exciting!

For those dedicated readers, if you can forward the link to those interested we would appreciate it!

Advertisement



29th July 2006

ooops
Just realized the blog the most recent comments are at the top of the blog - I hadn't read previous entries sooooo saw you did go to Nara! Can't wait to hear about your travels in China.
30th July 2006

Where are You??
Enjoyed reading your travel log....we're in exotic Pinetop Arizona.. Keep the info and pictures flowing, we're living vicariously through your interesting and entertaining adventures. Sarah we are really looking forward to seeing you...Robbie too?? Sarah I'm (Cindy) reading Harvard Yard...very interesting book about the history of John Harvard and the creation of the school. Hope to see Anne and John tomorrow.
31st July 2006

Wow
Sounds like you are packing as much into it as you can!! Sounds like Sarah really put thought into what you could do in these very full days! Keep having fun!!

Tot: 0.156s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.077s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb