Gymnastics and KungFu (Wushu) and lunch


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
November 21st 2011
Published: November 21st 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
 Video Playlist:

1: Ying Describes Lunch 35 secs
2: Grace Gets Pointers 35 secs
3: Ying's Freestyle Wushu 30 secs
We are finding that it is very hard to blog everyday. We have been seeing so many places and doing so many things that sometimes when we get back to the hotel, all we're able to do is shower and go to bed. I apologize for not keeping a better record.

One of our days in Beijing, we visited the Beijing Sport University. Grace had an opportunity to perform gymnastics with China's Rhythmic Olympic Team. Though Grace isn't a rhythmic gymnast, it was an honor to meet one of their top coaches and some of the girls on their Olympic team. Unfortunately, we have no pictures to share because our technical difficulties have expanded to the point where we have lost all of our photos up to yesterday, including the ones taken this day.

After a fantastic lunch (see Ying's reporting of the event in one of the video clips), we watched the University's Wushu (KungFu) team practice. After the practice, our guide (seen in the video with Grace) arranged for her to receive a short lesson from a two-time Chinese National Wushu Champion. Our guide was also a Chinese National Champion from 2006 and took some time after our tour of the campus to help Grace polish her routine. It was quite an honor to meet both of these individuals.

Grace and Faith created three short videos for this entry. Ying's freestyle Wushu is her own creation.

We are having a lot of fun!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sport_Science_College_of_Beijing_Sport_University
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wushu_(sport)




Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0523s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb