Grace and Faith help teach English at Saturday School


Advertisement
China's flag
Asia » China » Beijing
November 21st 2011
Published: November 22nd 2011
Edit Blog Post

This content requires Flash
To view this content, JavaScript must be enabled, and you need the latest version of the Adobe Flash Player.
Download the free Flash Player now!
As in America, many elementary students in China have extra curricular activities on Saturday. A very popular activity is going to English class on a Saturday.

On Saturday, we all had an opportunity to visit a school and help teach English. Grace and her mom are natural teachers and did very well together as a team. Grandpa and Grandma were also excellent teachers while Ying and her dad caused chaos in the classroom while team teaching 6 year old students.

Faith and her dad played a game with the students where we would call out an animal's English name and the children would pretend they were the animal after repeating the English name several times. After pig was called out, things got a little crazy and our ears are still ringing from the noise and excitement.

Grace and her mom had a much more difficult assignment as they helped older children outline sentences and helped with paragraph structure. Ying and I am very glad we didn't get that assignment and were happy to act out animal names instead.

With the help of our friend Heather, Grace made a short video describing her experience. Ying discovered the characters of her name on the plates and cups we used for dinner and wanted to report it in a short video.

Unfortunately, I didn't make any videos of the girls teaching = (

We were asked to inform everyone we know that if you're looking for a career change, you are welcome to come to China to teach English!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0487s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb